- All members agree unconditionally to comply with the NDHPC rules.
- All members must be members of the British Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association (BHPA), and agree to keep their BHPA membership current during their membership of the NDHPC and shall abide by the NDHPC rules so as to be covered by BHPA 3rd party insurance.
- All members agree not to fly any club or reciprocal club sites unless they hold a BHPA CP (novice) rating or above unless under the instruction of a BHPA instructor within a BHPA school. The BHPA instructor must have an existing arrangement with the NDHPC to carry out such training on the NDHPC site/s used.
- All members agree to comply with all National Trust and private land owners/farmers site rules as agreed upon by the NDHPC Committee.
- All members agree that if they knowingly breach any National Trust, Private land owners/farmers or NDHPC rules their membership will be terminated and any subsequent renewal will be subject to the NDHPC Committee, Private land owners/farmers and National Trust approval.
- All members are aware that hang gliding and paragliding are adventure sports that contain an element of risk that may result in serious injury or death.
- All members understand that in the event of any accident or incident which occurs during a club activity, directly caused by their actions (even when acting on advice given by others), no claim may be made by them, their estate or on their behalf against the NDHPC, its Officers, Coaches or Members, or against any Landowner and/or Site Operator. Furthermore all members understand that they may be held liable by an injured party for any damage or loss, resulting from any accident or incident occurring during a club activity, directly caused by their actions (even when acting on advice given by others).
- All members understand that the NDHPC holds its membership details on a computerised database.
- All members understand that their details will be included in a membership list, and circulated to all members, and other parties to whom disclosure is required such as Landowners and/or Site Operators.
- All members agree that membership of the NDHPC is conditional upon their agreeing to this disclosure. NDHPC undertakes all reasonable precautions to ensure that members’ details are not disclosed to any organisation or individual outside of the NDHPC, reciprocal clubs or the BHPA.
NDHPC Privacy Notice and compliance with GDPR policy
The Lawful Basis for the collection and processing of Members’ personal information is that of:
Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
We have checked that the processing is necessary for the relevant purpose, and are satisfied that there is no other reasonable way to achieve that purpose.
Membership data is collected through the WordPress membership form on the NDHPC website and is held in that form by WordPress. The data is exported to officers of the club to enable them to enact their duties for the members.
Relevant data is shared with third parties where required, this includes: WordPress for initial data collection, The British Hangliding and Paragliding Association (BHPA) to ensure membership and insurance requirements are complied with and the Civil Aviation Authority or other emergency services where necessary to resolve any incident.
NDHPC preferred method of written communication with its members on membership and other matters is through email, which saves us costs on postage and administration.