How to issue a UK Notice to Airmen ( NOTAM )
Our Safety Officer Nick Chitty has created a online tutorial on how to post a NOTAM.
Please take the time to have a watch and use the template to post your own NOTAM before you fly, preferably the night before. Do not just rely on the assumption that another pilot has already done this.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide the following details :
Below is an example please tailor this to suit.
- Activity – Hang Gliding and Paragliding
- Location – WOOLACOMBE : SS 458 426
- Area of Operation – 1nm & up to 2000ft above sea level
- Date & time flying will start/finish – 05/09/18 – 10.00 to 20.00
- Expected number of gliders – 8+
- Contact telephone ( ideally one that will work on site ) – Joe Bloggs 07712 345678
- Normal contact if different to 6 – Joe Bloggs 07876 543210
Please remember it can take up to 4 hours for a NOTAM to be published, therefore it is advised to do this as early as possible before you fly!!!
To check which NOTAM’s have been posted click here or follow the link
For reference below are the grid reference co-ordinance for our local club sites
Woolacombe – SS 458 426
Codden Hill – SS 582 295
Trentishoe – SS 628 479
Putsborough – SS 440 407
Cornborough – SS 628 479
Countisbury – SS 748 501
If you found this video useful please share and give Nicks YouTube channel a thumbs up.
“Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price” Amelia Earhart